Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sometimes it's great to have my job!

I have just had the pleasure of sitting in on a run of Wee Fairy Tales - TAG's first production of 2008, directed by Jeremy Raison. This showed premiered in 2007 for a short trial run and due to its success has been remounted this year for a full week at the Citizens' and a tour.

I've seen many photographers working on productions and I definitely think it's a good sign when they start to laugh and enjoy the show. It's absolutely brilliant. As a Northern Irish person I wondered if I'd have any difficulty understanding some of the Scots, but it's amazing how much of it we (...even I) use in every day life.It makes the highly recognisable stories so much funnier...genius.

The three performers Steven Rae, Billy Mack and Judith Williams, who all starred in The Bevellers at the Citizens' last year, are all terrific. What a brilliant way to start your day!

Sometimes it's great to have my job!

Hx

No comments: