Tuesday, May 15, 2007

First Encounters

This is my first encounter with the world of the 'Blog', I approach it with a little intrepidation but feel I'll soon be addicted!

Last night I met up with the YOUNG Co. for our regular Monday meeting and we began our first read through of 'The Doctor and the Devils' by Dylan Thomas, our autumn performance project. We read the first 7 scenes, meeting all the characters in the dark and bizarre world of Burke, Hare and Doctor Knox. As director, I was quite nervous, hoping so much that they would get into the story and realise its potential as a piece of theatre. After struggling with the some of the anatomical jargon used by the rather verbose Dr. Knox and some antiquated Scots words, everyone seemed to latch on to it. I'm looking forward to picking up where we left off, next Monday. Casting is going to be tough!!

No comments: