Friday, March 21, 2008

ekFuture60

What a week it's been! Last night saw the triumphant culmination of the ekFuture60 project that we've been working on in East Kilbride. Nearly 50 young people from Duncanrig Secondary School, East Kilbride Youth Theatre and In2Act came together to perform an evening of light-hearted theatre for family and friends at the Village Theatre, East Kilbride.Once I'd negotiated my way around the roundabouts including the "Whirlies" (...see! now I know my stuff), I found the Village Theatre which was packed with excited performers, nervous parents and busy staff.I have to say well done to everyone involved. The show was hugely entertaining and gave me a real feeling of satisfaction. I thought there was a genuine warmth in the auditorium which reflected the spirit with which the show had been put together.You can see more photos on our Flickr site.

Well done to my colleagues who worked exceedingly hard to make the evening a success. Aside from this, we've all been very busy with other projects...in particular Neil and Elly who are nearing the end of week two of rehearsals for They Shoot Horses, Don't They?, which runs at the Citz from 9-12 April 2008.

We hope you'll make it along to see this famous film brought to life on stage!

Have a great Easter weekend!

Hx

No comments: